This week/ month/ last few months have been draining to put it lightly. This level of drainage has forced me to neglect my favorite thing in this universe, my blog! I am swearing to myself that I will get back on track, to baking and photographing and sharing all my favorite recipes and tricks! I wanted to show everyone what I have been up to, here are a few snaps I took with my iPhone yesterday!
Today is the most exciting day of my life because dreams are coming true!
When people ask me what my hobbies are, I always say, I love everything pretty. What does that even mean!? Well, I have a deep, undying passion for making things beautiful. These things consist of: beautiful homes, parties, ambiances, dinners, outfits, vacations, and memories! My brain is so detailed oriented. For example, when I confirmed I was going to travel abroad this summer, the very first thing I thought about was how I wanted to feel abroad. I envisioned the perfect cafe, how I wanted it to look, what kind of area I wanted to be in, and then spent several hours on the internet looking for that exact place to ensure I would manifest those thoughts into reality! When I hear I have an event to go to, I immediately wonder how I will do my hair and what shoes I will need. When I think of my dream home, I imagine the dishes that will go into my cabinets and the color of each rooms walls. You get the point – I have a passion for creating beautiful environments that make people feel loved, safe and happy! Naturally being hostess is my favorite past time, however I cannot do this as often as I would like, which is pretty much everyday in a dream world. I realize not everyone shares a passion for details, so I have finally found a way to live my dream by bringing the beauty and my detailed way of thinking to you! I created The Heirloom Table. The Heirloom Table is a dish rental and flower arrangement company. No matter the type of event -from weddings to baby showers – we provide the most beautiful, unique dishes and flowers for your special day. I am so incredibly excited to share my passion and collections with all of you! Check out our website and book a consultation today! http://www.theheirloomtable.com
Want to hear a truly funny story? Ok let me tell you.
We have a giant jar of sugar in our pantry, it’s pretty huge…..
My 8 year old sister, Savannah, is a gift from God. She maintains an unknowing innocence and joy that much of the world will never know. Her middle name is Joy and that could not be more perfect for her; she truly embodies that word and definition in her being. Like I said she is innocent, and this blissful spirit she has makes for some pretty funny happenings in the house.
Ok back to the sugar. You know when the house gets eerily quiet and you get freaked out because the silence is just not normal? Mom’s with small kids you totally get this. Well on one afternoon the house was a little too silent for comfort. My mom popped up to find our ENTIRE – and when I say ENTIRE I am not exaggerating in the slightest – house covered in sugar, ever single tabletop, corner, bed spread, toilet seat, everything covered in sugar. My Mother, literally like in the movies, threw her hands up in the air asked “WHY ON EARTH?!” Savannah smirked and tossed her hands toward the ground and said, “Whattt it’s pretty it makes our house sparkle!”
At the time this was infuriating, in hindsight it makes me smile so much. Savannah’s blissful, joyful spirit brings joy to my life; she is love.
Ok what does this have to do with our mantle? Well in order to make this mantle Savannah literally got to cover our entire living room floor in actual glitter – total heaven for a girl with a love for sparkle! This mantle is whimsical, sparkly, and pretty much cost me nothing to put together! What’s not to love!? Click to see more and steps on making a truly gorgeous statement piece of a mantle.
I was not lying about the glitter everywhere…..Glittery party wooo! Girl Heaven!
Having a job that makes money but having a passion that lies somewhere else can be really hard. Working ridiculous hours often leaves little time for pretty much EVERYTHING. I do not see people anymore, sleep is a thing of the past, eating dinner NEVER happens, but most of all, I NEVER have time! Time, what a beautiful thing, something I cringe about reflecting on my past and how much stinking time I used to waste! Now 3 hours of freedom seems miraculous! You might see all my posts and think I mosey around the kitchen, slowly sipping, stirring and smelling oh so delicately. WRONG. My recipes, pictures, and everything are done in an insane time crunch! I have realized though if I do not take time to do what I love, my days seem empty and lacking in stimulation and purpose!
Since I have began working so hard I have realized something: life is way to short not to chase your passions. Work does not have to be a time consuming black hole; create work where your passions lie and you will have a life of fulfillment! Since working a passionless job my true passions have become so clear to me. I love to bake for people, I love to collect vintage dishes, I LOVE floral arranging, taking pictures, editing pictures and website design ( all of which I get to do on my blog)! With every free hour I have, I am utilizing it to the fullest, making sure I am doing at least one of these. Today I got the honor of setting up a women’s luncheon! Doing a ‘job’ that I loved did not feel like a JOB, it felt like a dream! I cannot wait to do more events and have more opportunities to create beautiful memories and parties for people! Here are a few snaps from a simple women’s luncheon. All the dishes are mine and will soon be available to rent! I am putting my dish love to use and am in the process of launching a vintage dish rental business! Soon you can rent all my beautiful dishes for your special day!
Christmas just would not be complete without a wreath on your door! If you are anything like me you would rather spend money on gifts than a ridiculously over priced wreath! My Mom has made her wreaths as long as I can remember so I decided to carry on the tradition and share it with you guys! This wreath was completely free, and I think more beautiful and unique than anything you could buy at a tree lot!
p.s. I took beautiful step-by-step photos only to realize at the end that my memory card was not even in my camera! I am trying not to cry.
Do you ever want to eat just so you can have hot sauce, or is that just me? Sometimes, I legitimately make quesedillas just so I can have Tabasco or Tapatillo, I often want broccoli JUST to douse it in Sriracha; it’s a common theme in this life I’m living, just always lookin’ for the next food to victimize with hot sauce.
This HAS to be my favorite thing I have ever made, and I do not say this lightly. It is the most perfect combination of cream and spice. This is just the beginning for me, I have endless ideas of what else I can put this cheesy Sriacha sauce on!
If you are not down with spice, leave out the Sriracha and it is amazing too. But come on, live a little! Get ready for your world to be rocked!
I love giving gifts. I firmly believe that it is so much more satisfying to give than to receive! However, finding even the simplest gift to give is hard! If the desire is there but you are stuck not knowing what to give, here is a simple guide covering everyone from little ones to women and men!
1. I absolutely love these geometric blocks! To boot, I know the sweetest Mama who is making them! They are perfect for your little one! These beauties come in a set of 10, they are hand made out of pine wood, and are hand painted with nontoxic acrylic paint! More will be available! $12 Found Here
2. Absolutely every single little girl needs a tea set! Surprise your little lady with this beauty from Anthropologie. Tres chic! $48 Found Here
3. There is nothing better than a gift that doubles as an educational tool! This map book is so aesthetically pleasing that your little one will not be able to quit turning the pages! $35 Found Here
4. Every child needs a classic stuffed animal. Whether it is a teddy bear or this precious bunny, it is a must in every child’s life! This plush bunny is an adorable classic that is sure to make any small child smile! $54 Found Here
5. Just like tutus, glittery shoes are a MUST in every little girls wardrobe – this is just non-negotiable! Give your daughter the gift of these adorable, pink, glittery loafers. What else could a girl ask for?! $60 Found Here
6. Give your Mamas with small babies this amazing journal! It is an adorable and simple journal that gives you the format to record all your baby’s milestones, such as first baths and first smiles! Memories are priceless, this is a gift that will give for a lifetime! $24.95 Found Here
1. Women LOVE their pictures, and I must say this Fujifilm camera is AWESOME. It provides you with instant vintage photos, for a low cost! This gift is perfect for any girl, young or old! $57.39 Found Here
2. Tea represents warmth and comfort! Gift your friend or family member with this tea! The packaging is so aesthetically beautiful, and it is a perfect representation of the delicious tea that will fill your loved one’s cup! $16 Found Here
3. I love love love Laura Mercier. These candles are so sleek and gorgeous, perfect for any women! $65 Found Here
4. These adorable cheese knives are for all your friends with the gift of hosting! This fun pop of color is sure to excite any true hostess! $32 Found Here
5. Women love cookbooks; they are a treasure! Anthropologie has tons of amazing cookbooks, all just as unique in their visuals as their amazing recipes! $25-$50 Found Here
6. Ahava products are absolutely amazing. They are made from properties of the Dead Sea in Israel. Give this to the woman who loves her beauty products, these will truly change her life! $25-$165 Found Here
7. All women deserve a cashmere sweater; it is simply a wardrobe staple. This Halogen cashmere comes in a beautiful array of colors and the price is right! $79 Found Here
1. Men LOVE their meat, and with meat comes a need for quality knives. These Laguiole steak knives are pretty, but their quality and classic look will excite any man! $78 Found Here
2. Men love gadgets more than anything. This Steripen is so incredibly awesome, ESPECIALLY if your man loves the good outdoors. The Steripen sterilizes absolutely any water killing, 99.9% of bacteria and viruses! Perfect for camping trips with the boys! $79.97 Found Here
3. Table topics: sports info mania cards are fun for any guy! Throw them in your coffee table drawer or even their work place desk! They are a great way to talk sports and break the ice! $25 Found Here
4. Polara golf balls are any golf player’s fantasy! They are said to correct hooks and slices by 75%. I’m not sure what that means, but I’m positive your golfer Hubby does, and I’m sure its awesome! $12.99 Found Here
5. The perfect t-shirt for your boo thang to relax in! I love the laid back look of this pocket tee, sure to look smokin on any guy! $42 Found Here
6. Like I said before, guys love their gadgets! Take their T.V. experience to the next level of awesome with Apple T.V.! $99 Found Here
7. After shave leaves men feeling confident, cool, fresh and ready for the day! This vintage aftershave looks neat on the shelve and gets the job done! $30 Found Here